Friday, August 03, 2007

Har title kuch kehta hain

The title is not to publicise any paint company's tagline, but just a better way to say 'I couldn't find a title for this one'. This post is, by the way, going to be much different than the ones that you have read till now; you will shortly know why. All those (This seems like addressing everyone in a theatre screening Aap ka surroor in the 4th week) waiting for a long time for a post, here it is !!

Nothing much was running through my mind the past few days (months:(..), except for random thoughts about posts like Social obligation of CEOs, The great Indian education rejig, and bahut kuch aur (Of course, main-aur-meri-tanhai wale poems). But then, I couldnt write them long enough for a post to happen. As far as 'happenings' are concerned, one BIG thing that happened was my annual appraisal. Firstly, ladies and gentlemen, Seshadri is now a 'confirmed' employee of TCS (not such a big thing, it's just a formality of completing one year(it took a few days more due to some 'unavoidable' reasons). But, more of a news is me getting a 'more than satisfactory' rating (for those who are unaware, these are the annual marksheets for modern-day employees). I am not revealing the exact rating, because - I am NOT supposed to!! (tumhe toh pata hi hain, I never break the rules :)...As far as my thoughts on this event are concerned, I feel it is one of the first big achievements in my life, and has made me feel ecstatic. (On my way to the rose garden..?). All thanks also to my leads, (ML and PL), whom I have started holding in high esteem just like an MBA holds Merill Lynch or a Maharashtrian holds Pu La. But there here comes the kahaani mein twist. I am still to get an 'official' notification of my revised salary (aakhir paapi pet ka sawaal hain) due to -again- 'unavoidable' reasons. So, now I am in a similar situation like the small investors in the Indian market, who know for sure that 15,500 is good enough for Sensex, but don't know about what will happen to their money in the next few days.

And yes, the 'Mumbai' rains are here!!! Again, the same old train-kahaan-tak-ja-raha-hain fears, cold shivers after a drenched day, jammed cellphone networks, cancelled weekend plans, everything is back in true Mumbaiya ishtyle.

Of course, besides all this, CAT forms are out. So the D-day (or the C-day?) for me is nearing - 106 days, 9 hours, 35 minutes, to be precise. I don't want to come back this Sunday from my mock test saying the same thing -'Agli baar zyaada prep karke aaonga and will surely get a better percentile'.

And, before I forget, the difference you see in the tone of this post is simply because it has been inspired by my brother's new blog post, (which in turn, is inspired probably from here).So all you folks wanting some time pash shtuff from a smart guy, idhar jaiye. (Psst..partha - I am done, now my payment is due :) )

3 comments:

Abhi... said...

Seems we have got nothing but some time to write the blog afer having gems in our process team [:)]
really much awaited...

Abhi... said...

Seems we have got nothing but some time to write the blog afer having gems in our process team [:)]
really much awaited...

Anusha said...

Congrats!!! I know I am late in saying that, but I hope you have got your new salary by now.